Children Now is a nonpartisan umbrella research, policy development, and advocacy organization dedicated to promoting well-being, schooling and children’s health in California. Kids Now also contributes The Children’s Movement of California, a grassroots community of over 1,900 company, education, parent, civic rights, religion, and community-based organizations, in addition to thousands of individuals, working together to make children a high priority in public coverage. Learn more in www.childrennow.org.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, self-starting, detail-oriented, and seasoned individual to function as our part time Finance Assistant. This position affirms the administrative needs of our Senior Director of Finance, manages routine financial and accounting procedures and systems for your organization, and provides some administrative assistance for our Oakland office. This place is designed for somebody with experience in accounting and fund who participates in a fast paced, staff–oriented atmosphere. This non-exempt, seventy–5 per cent time position, which might offer an chance for employment is located to the Director of Finance.
Ideal applicants will probably be learners and able to handle a large volume of job fast and economically to detail. Candidates should have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and excellent judgment and work ethic. This place is ideal for somebody who enjoys studying and contributing in a fast-paced environment, in addition to a deep commitment to the assignment of Children Now and equity.
- Handle accounts payable and receivable;
- Supply assistance in preparing monthly and yearly schedules;
- Assist with fiscal reporting standards and audit;
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll;
- Handle expense reports and time reporting;
- Reconcile bank statements;
- Supply support in yearly funding development;
- Maintain confidentiality of organization’s financial information;
- Organize and preserve paper and electronic reporting and reporting systems;
- Assist with accounting procedure and documentation;
- Provide general administrative support, such as answering phones and providing reception, as required; along with
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Three to five years’ experience in accounting or accounting, with understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, focused on the non-profit sector;
- Expertise with accounting systems such as QuickBooks and Intacct;
- ADP payroll experience desired;
- High-level efficacy and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn fast and a commitment to quality work;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); along with
- Able to operate effectively with other people in a vibrant, diverse and multicultural atmosphere.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Kids Now is a equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity. People of color are urged to use.
How To Employ
Software must contain 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) three to five professional references. Prospective employees could be subject to a background check. Please address and send all correspondence to:
Attn: Finance Assistant Position Hunt
1404 Franklin Street, Suite 700
Oakland, CA 94612
E-mail programs with attachments in PDF or Microsoft Word format simply. Please include your name from the file name for many documents (e.g., b.williams — restart). We do not accept telephone inquiries about the place; please do not call. Position open until filled.